The Research and Training Center for Community Development (RTCCD) is a science and technology organization under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA). RTCCD was established under Decision No. 677/TC-LHH dated September 26, 1998 and has been operating in accordance with the Charter of operation issued by VUSTA in Decision No. 678 / TC-LHH dated September 26, 1998.
RTCCD has been operating in the following areas:
- Researching, developing and implementing projects in economic, social, health and education areas; according to the principles of sustainable community development.
- Providing science and technology service; transferring technology and consultancy, applying scientific and technical advances, organizing scientific workshops, staff training, and developing the capacity of staff in the areas of analysis and management of community activities.
The following are fundamental commitments applicable to all activities of project, research, training and services provided by RTCCD.
RTCCD is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations in Vietnam.
- As an organization operating in the area of public health and implementing activities related to children; RTCCD is committed to complying with the Vietnamese government’s regulations on child protection and being in compliance with international conventions on protection of the rights of the child that Vietnam entered into.
- Be committed to complying with the recommendations by the World Health Organization (WHO) – in the activities of examination, counseling, and providing health care services for people (Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Care for Child Development, Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)).
- Be committed to complying with and sharing WHO’s recommendations to the community, through intervention project activities, training, conferences and sharing on the social media (such as TV, Newspaper, YouTube, and Facebook).
- For the implementation of research; RTCCD is committed to fully implementing the research approval process (including research topic approval and research ethical approval).
- RTCCD does not cooperate with and receives funds from businesses / organizations that have conflicts of interest with the community health in general or cause negative impacts on the ecological environment (e.g. pharmaceutical companies, formula milk companies, manufacturers that produce asbestos-containing materials, businesses / organizations involved in the construction of coal-fired power plants, alcohol and tobacco manufacturers).
- RTCCD does not fund or carry out activities related to politics and religions.
- RTCCD is committed to transparency and accountability in terms of operations and finances for government agencies, donors and beneficiaries.
- RTCCD undertakes that to the extent of its knowledge, neither does it encourage or engage in violent, terrorist, or money laundering activities, nor transfers funds to any individual / organization participating in these activities.