|Objective: improvement of quality of life for women and under 5 children through improvement in nutritional status from pregnancy till born and growing up; positive health behavior adoption in health, water supply and sanitation management; and agricultural production improvement in project area.
- Health and nutrition: improvement in nutritional status of 5< children and pregnant women through nutritional feeding; participation in Educational Clubs in Nutrition and Child Healthcare clubs; health checks and counselling for outreach pregnant.
- Livelihood and food security: improvement in household livelihood of poor households through gardening and agricultural production: training for communal extension workers and households; supports for building and implementing 24 effective Garden Pond Ban models; technical backup, provision of seeds, tools for implementing GPB models.
- Environment, water and sanitation management: promoting positive behaviors of personal hygiene, environment hygiene and clean water: training for communal volunteers on Environment hygiene; organizing events promoting personal hygiene, at villages, schools; removal of bans from living areas; organic solid waste management in communities; organizing contests, cultural shows promoting environment hygiene.
- Pregnant women and mothers of under five children nutritional and health child care.
- About 150 pregnant women and more than 200 mothers with under 5 children perform complementary feeding and self-care;
- 24 GPB models implemented successfully by local households through gardening and next-door foods to create nutrition sources for children and pregnant mothers, and other households in the commune multiply PGB models with self-financing;
- The number of hygiene households increases, less shits by cattle on village routes and in front of houses;
- Child malnutrition rate reduce by 30%
- Child acute diarrhea rate reduce by 50%
- Capacity of local organizations, civil society improved in health care and agriculture, with focus on households in poverty;
- Contribute to policy dialogue on national education and health strategies.
Flyer: Download here